For complete instructions, select Custom Reports on the Reports tab to bring up the Custom Reporting User Guide. Or view it online at crug.casecomplete.com. Also, be sure to check out the custom reporting video series. Read on for a quick overview.
It's easiest to start with an existing report template that resembles the custom report that you have in mind:
- Click the Word button on the Reports tab (or select Tools/Generate Word Report if using 2010 R2 or earlier)
- Select the report you would like to base a new report off of (single click on the report name)
- Click the Edit Template Button
- This will open the report template in Word. The template is read-only so that you don't overwrite the built-in template, so the first thing you should do is save the report to a new folder of your choice (Select File/Save As in Word). Please choose a folder other than Program Files since that folder may be removed when you upgrade.
- Edit the report template and save your changes
To generate your custom report, select Reports from another folder in the report generation dialog and browse to the folder that you saved your custom report to in step 4 above. Then generate the report as you normally would.